Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica UBSSC-100 combustion Analizer help

Options
kaziorp
kaziorp Member Posts: 3
Hello everyone I am having a hard time figuring out how to measure the imput and CO@ like it says to do in the start up procedure . I have a feeling my plumber turned the gas valve screw without knowing what he was doing =( Now my boiler doesnt run as good anymore and i smell gas

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    So get a professional in there. Call Utica and see if they can recommend someone. You're in a very dangerous situation so don't use it until you get some professional eyes on it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

SuperTech
  • kaziorp
    kaziorp Member Posts: 3
    Options
    i have a gas sniffer, i am a electrician so i am aware of the situation, i need someone to quide me through the process. i called a licensed plumber and thats what i got, to be honest i would like to check the numbers my self. Thank you for your response i dont keep the boiler running so no worries
  • MaxMercy
    MaxMercy Member Posts: 508
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The instructions you need are included with your combustion equipment, not with the Utica boiler. What kind of analyzer do you have?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    So the boiler runs but poorly, and you smell gas? Correct? There would be no harm in checking that the 2 screws labeled "IN" and "OUT" are tight (righty tightly). Those are pressure test ports and should be closed.

Beyond that, what type of analyzer and what issue are you having with it?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    kaziorp said:

i have a gas sniffer, i am a electrician so i am aware of the situation, i need someone to quide me through the process. i called a licensed plumber and thats what i got, to be honest i would like to check the numbers my self. Thank you for your response i dont keep the boiler running so no worries

I need a whole house generator, with 3 load shedding switches, 200 amp transfer switch. I just need someone to talk me thru it. I’m an HVAC person with tools.
    Think I can do it?
    Point being, stay in your lane. I think you had a plumber do a side job because he can solder pipes and you figured you could do the rest.
    But it still needs proper commissioning by someone who knows what they’re doing. It’s not a simple back and forth conversation. Probably easiest to pay someone to come over and do it for you while you watch and ask questions.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

SuperTechIronman