Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What do you call it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    A sanitary tee is a tee wye. The combination wye and an eighth fitting it's called a combo or combination or Combi. A copper or press fitting with a female side port is a tap tee if the female port is on the run of the tee it is a tap 90 unless the female port is 1/8 in then it is a baseboard 90 or baseboard elbow. 
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    LS123
  • Charlie from wmass
    Options
    A gazinta fitting is a street fittings

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    ratioLS123
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,680
    Options
    Does anyone call flexible metallic conduit "greenfield" anymore?
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 490
    Options
    Desanco, chase fitting, or trap adapter?
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,586
    Options
    Here is one tossed at me this morning- Plant electrician running rigid conduit asked me if we had any "three piece couplings".

After he described one, I asked if he meant: a union? "YES! We call them three piece couplings!"
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,633
    Options
    Ha! Ever see Sparky use a '2-hole coupling'?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,873
    edited January 2021
    Options
    BillyO said:

What you send a new apprentice to look for when they cut the pipe too short. Pipe stretcher.

usually kept next to the henway
    OK I'll bite

What's a Henway?

And do you keep both of them in the Pyecost?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• mattmia2
    Options
    ratio said:

duplex?
    SlamDunk
  • Charlie from wmass
    Options
    @EdTheHeaterMan about 5 pounds

cell # 413-841-6726
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,633
    Options
    mattmia2 said:

ratio said:

duplex?
    Nah, ya just butt the two pipes up against each other & use a two-hole strap…
  • LS123
    LS123 Member Posts: 466
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

LS123....I do have a duct stretcher though..... ;)

@JUGHNE .... sorry just happen to see this .... I dont think I have a duct stretcher.... what is it any way :smiley: Happy Friday everyone!!
    Thank you!
    @LS123
  • mattmia2
    Options
    i don't have a duct stretcher but i think i could rig up a substitute if needed
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,873
    Options
    After sending the helper to the supply house for a pipe stretcher for the pipe you cut too short, (and he figuring out he got played) don't expect him to believe there is such thing called a duct stretcher. It ain't gonna happen!

You got to call it a duct puller together thingy
    Ask me how I know? >:)

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

mattmia2LS123
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    I seem to remember our old first plumber (Mr Bernstein), stating he had to use a “Dutchman” on some toilet reseating project, (just when I was starting out, and green). Also he called pipe dope “Honey”.
    He and the others I got to know are all gone, and I certainly miss them.—NBC
    LS123My570
  • mattmia2
    Options
    What did he mean by a dutchman? Normally a dutchman is a splice or patch in wood.
  • Lyle {pheloa} Carter
    Options
    Way back when I was a helper, a Dutchman was mostly a cast iron term, it was a piece of cast iron without a hub. When you're working with cast iron you never throw anything away until the job is done. It would be used in the venting system, or in this case from the closet bend to the closet flange.
    Charlie from wmass
  • mattmia2
    Options
    So is this what you'd use in a well to increase contact of a sensing element to the well that is nonhardening?
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Refrigeration-Technologies-RT910T-Silicone-Grease