Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Eye protection

STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,107
Good morning. Looking for suggestions for protective eyewear. I need something that fits over prescription glass. I have been fairly unsuccessful in finding something good. The anti foggers will fog and the anti scratchers will scratch. Any leads or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,408
    How about a pair of prescription safety glasses? I'm not a fan of coatings. You can get them in Polycarbonate or Glass. Glass safety glasses are very scratch resistant and have excellent optical qualities. They are able to meet impact requirements by being thicker and heat treated. Downside is they are heavy.

If you need bifocals, don't do mail order. Have a local optician fit you with the frames on your face. This is necessary to properly place the reading portion of the lens.

https://www.phillips-safety.com/
    CanuckerSTEAM DOCTOR
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 5,111
    I use a Full Face Shield over my glasses. 
    CanuckerSTEAM DOCTOR
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,107
    pecmsg said:
    Any particular make and model that you are happy with?
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,132
    I would go with prescription safety glasses my self.
    Google them and try to find a pair you like the look of and go from there.

I need to get another pair my self.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    ethicalpaulSTEAM DOCTOR
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,556
    pecmsg said:

Is that face shield opaque? ...for customer retention? Asks the guy who has a face for radio

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Look at Grainger.I have used this style of eyeglasses for years take 4FE62 and have your lens put in them. Then use them with 4FE60 clear and 4FE61 with a gray lens the metal frame clips behind the lens that comes off
    STEAM DOCTOR