Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Programming thermostat

Hi.

I want to install a programmable thermostat that will control a electric heater till it reaches programmed temperatures.

I have bought this thermostat - tkbhome.com/Weekly-Programming-Heating-Thermostat_012_227.html

It can use 2 sensors - in-built and underfloor heating. I will use only in-built.

Here is the manual - tkbhome.com/upimg/file/1127201366066.pdf

As this will be my first thermostat ever, I am a bit confused about the settings:

I will be using the thermostat to heat up 10m2 room till 18-20C while I am working and to keep about 12C while I am gone.

But, I am confused with these settings:

3. LIT - modify limition value
4. DIF - switch differential setting
7. & 8. - I dont know what they are, but, my model does not support potential-free output
9. HIT - Max temperature setting

So, if I am using only in-built sensor, do i need to set options 3. & 4.?
And what is option 9.? The temperature range there is 35C-90C, but I will not exceed 20. How to configure that?

Thank you.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,115
    You know, I've seen some miserable translations from ... something, probably Chinese ... but that's one of the very worst.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,747
    I'll take a stab at it:

3LIT is the slab sensor high limit—even if the thermostat is still calling, once the slab sensor reaches this setting the heat call will end. (Presumably it will resume if the slab sensor drops below some setting & the thermostat still wants heat.)

4DIF is the differential between heat on & heat off, i.e. if the setpoint is 19°, the must change by this number to change from on to off, or vice versa. Note that it's unclear if this differential is above the setpoint, below the setpoint, or centered on the setpoint.

7 & 8 seem to be related to an auxiliary contact on the thermostat, that can be set to close, or open, when the thermostat wants heat (maybe to turn on a pump or boiler)

9HIT is the heating setpoint high limit, you can't set the thermostat higher than this setting.

Or at least, that's what I'd expect them to me. YMMV.

Alan (California Radiant) Forbes