Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

3 year old Amtrol Boilermate CH-41Z leaking at boiler supply

scooterpie123 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Plumbing
Hi all I am new. I have been noticing a small leak at the boiler supply pie coming into the boiler

its a very small tricklyu. Is this something I should try to tighten or call a plumber first?

My buddy is a thermal engineer and said he could drop by within a few days.
Everything else is working good. (Strange the prior owner changed this shortly before I bought the house for the exact same reason...)


  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 6,401
    You can't tighten it without cutting the pipe.

    Call a plumber and make sure he uses Teflon tape + dope. Have him check the female threads for a small crack.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Zmanrick in Alaska