Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Design assistance request

Options
peterdt
peterdt Member Posts: 2
Greetings, I am a long time lurker first time poster. I am in need of a hydronic designer for a home I am building to design the piping layout and select the circulating pump and other components of the system. I am a former master plumber with experience installing hot water heat systems and plan to do the installation myself; however my installations were back in the day of finned tube baseboard and Hydro-Pulse boilers, so my confidence level for design is low. I am planning to use panel radiators and prefer a home-run piping layout.

I have done the Manual J load calculations in the latest version of Accuload and can provide a report with the room-by-room loads and the total building load. If anyone here is interested please reply as such and I will provide my contact information. I am located in the Denver Colorado area.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    TinmanSTEVEusaPA
  • peterdt
    peterdt Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendation, I have retained Steve's services and am very pleased with the product and the expert advice I received. I am a licensed mechanical engineer with experience in HVAC design, primarily on the industrial/commercial side; however it has been over 20 years since I did that for a living. I am happy to pay someone who is an expert in residential design/installation using Mod-Con boilers, panel radiators, home run systems, everything I have no experience designing.
    STEVEusaPATinmanSuperTechIronman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    @peterdt -Thank you! 
    Same to you, @Ironman. Thank you!
    Steve Minnich
    Ironman