Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP EFTU Boilers

Options
mattbee24
mattbee24 Member Posts: 20
Apparently, HTP will be discontinuing the UFT series boilers soon. I've been told they will now use the EFTU series as a replacement. Has anyone has any experience with these units? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of having a pump included with the unit. From the looks of it, it is a Taco pump. But not a standard one.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Maybe  the boiler modulates pump speed also? It’s not uncommon for pump manufacturers to build OEM circulator for boilers, etc

The spec would be the same or similar to a circulator you would buy to match the boilers requirement.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I haven't seen one myself, but I know a gentleman out East that has been using them for several months now, possibly even a year. He cannot say enough good things about them and their new Italian made HX versus the Korean one in the UFT. With the days of primary/secondary being almost mandatory now, the internal circ is super handy IMO. I do enjoy the direct piping capability of the UFT when applicable, but I can definite;y see why they're going to an internal circ. Perhaps the flow requirements of this new HX are higher and they just want to assure it's met
    PC7060
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,672
    Options
    Or people were't reading the manual and maintaining the minimum flow.
  • mattbee24
    Options
    I guess I'm just a little anal about pump specs...I looked through all the info, and I can't seem to find anything on it. The only thing I see in the manual is you can use the internal pump as a system pump for "systems requiring no more than 9 gpm at 9 ft. of head pressure".
    In the parts breakdown, it shows the same pump for all the models. It is described as "PUMP ES2 3VK 63-7C-C US".
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Try TacoItalia site
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • mattbee24
    Options
    hot_rod I looked at those, but wasn't sure which one it was.
    I did find a pump curve in the manual, it's just strange to me that it's the same pump for all the different size units.

• fenkel
    fenkel Member Posts: 162
    Options
    The manufacture has made parts interchangeable between its boilers..
    If you search youtube, they have a installers video,which talks about how parts are the same between different btus of the sameboilers...sort of a one part fits all approach.
    If you read the sales brochure, htp makes a claim that with the internal pump, primary/secondary piping is not required, thus saying on installation costs...
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options
    I have one. Boiler only 199. The Ariston design is far superior to the Kiturami stuff. Taco ECM pump, Honeywell GV, EBM blower. Runs silent. The Kiturami stuff really hurt HTP. The WiFi still feels behind the times compared to other brands.
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • mattbee24
    Options
    Thanks Timco! That's good to hear!
  • Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Timco said:

I have one. Boiler only 199. The Ariston design is far superior to the Kiturami stuff. Taco ECM pump, Honeywell GV, EBM blower. Runs silent. The Kiturami stuff really hurt HTP. The WiFi still feels behind the times compared to other brands.

Whats exactly wrong with the kiturami hx in the uft? Mines 4 years old, running just fine.(Did I just fck myself)😂
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I just got word from the factory this afternoon that they're NOT discontinuing the UFT.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I'm also not so enthused with the internal Italian circulator because if it goes out, neither my distributor nor myself will have one on hand. And we all know that if it goes, it will on a Friday of a three day weekend and the coldest night of the year.

I've always got a ups15-58 on hand if one goes out, which is extremely rare.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Installed elite ultra combi unit yesterday in jersey, lets see how it goes. The kiturami attempt at mod con sucked for HTP
  • mattbee24
    Options
    Ironman said:

I just got word from the factory this afternoon that they're NOT discontinuing the UFT.

Interesting...makes me question my rep.
  • mattbee24
    Options
    Ironman said:

I'm also not so enthused with the internal Italian circulator because if it goes out, neither my distributor nor myself will have one on hand. And we all know that if it goes, it will on a Friday of a three day weekend and the coldest night of the year.

That is another reason I'm leary about it. If it were a standard pump, I wouldn't mind it so much.
  • Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2020
    Options
    All this hate for the kiturami. But no facts why it sucked.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    same happened with Gianomi / Semerta

which  is still a fine tube HX in my opinion. I’ll take it over the fire tube design
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • ekubec
    ekubec Member Posts: 12
    Options
    I've read thru the manual on the elite ultra to try to understand the integrated ECM pump but can't find anything that describes what/how the pump speed is controlled.  I've been working on building radiant floor system with the old UFT 80 model paired with a delta t pump.  The system was designed so that the area of my house that loses the most heat and is also the area I am in the most is one zone that is "always open" and large enough to avoid short cycling.  Additional small zones for bedrooms would run off that would be controlled by a local valve.  So if these were open)demanding heating it would make the main zone bigger, more heat output, return t drop, delta t pump respond by increasing, boiler respond by increasing fire rate   

Not sure how this system would work with the new ultra. Any ideas?  Is the UFT model being discontinued or still in production?

Thanks
  • PC7060
    PC7060 Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2021
    Options
    The UFT series went out of production last quarter 2020 and the remaining UFT80 stock was sold out by the Jan 2021. Last UFT100 sold out in September 2021, it may have been me. I bought one for spares for my UFT80 units around then.