Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor bend support question

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
So I've got a silly question.

I originally wasn't going to use any of these and instead I ended up using them constantly..

This is about the bend supports that snap onto the tubing to hold it in a tight radius.

Can I have two of them close together to form a tight 180 degree loop? Or to turn 90 up and then 90 left, or right etc? Like literally two Back to back?

Also how close to a fitting can they be? I assume it doesn't matter as long as I can expand the exposed end?

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Wirsbo-Uponor-A5250500-1-2-Plastic-Bend-Support-2128000-p

I can't see any of this being an issue but you never know...
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,617
    I'd be comfortable with them anywhere that didn't require any bending/adjusting/mutilation to get 'em to fit.
    ChrisJCanuckerZman
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    ratio said:

I'd be comfortable with them anywhere that didn't require any bending/adjusting/mutilation to get 'em to fit.

How exactly can you use them somewhere that doesn't require bending.................. :p
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,416
    @ratio means bending the actual support @ChrisJ. I think you’re good with what you suggested 👍
    ChrisJ
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    You can have the bend supports back to back and best to leave a few inches of space between bend support and fittings.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Rich_49ChrisJ
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,617
    @Danny Scully's got it. I think you might even be able to get the ends to overlap slightly if you put the brackets on opposite sides of the PEX
    ChrisJ