Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Record-low cost for nat gas in March

PrecaudPrecaud Member Posts: 315
I just got my nat gas bill for March, and was shocked to see the cost of gas per therm was 10 cents! A dime for 100k btus. I've never before seen it that cheap.

Also for the first time in my experience, the cost of distribution and transmission (getting it to your home) was more than the cost of gas, by a factor of nearly two in this case.

Are you seeing the same in your area? I assume so.
1950's Bryant boiler in a 1-pipe steam system at 7,000 ft in northern NM, where basements are rare.

Comments

• PrecaudPrecaud Member Posts: 315
    And even lower for April; 3.3 cents per therm !! It's practically a giveaway.
    1950's Bryant boiler in a 1-pipe steam system at 7,000 ft in northern NM, where basements are rare.
  • $1.37 here. I'm moving to Nevada.
    Often wrong, never in doubt.

Click here to learn more about this contractor.
  • Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 12,954
    Fuel oil in our area is way down, too -- about half what it was a year ago.
    Br. Jamie, osb

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • jumperjumper Member Posts: 1,466
    Both NG & electricity distribution& delivery are not going to become less expensive. So maybe energy will become too insignificant to meter?
    Precaud
  • Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 12,954
    Electric rates did not drop in our area.
    Br. Jamie, osb

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • PrecaudPrecaud Member Posts: 315
    Nor here. NM's two largest generation sources are coal and nuclear, respectively. Gas and solar still quite small in comparison. A sad truth for the Land of The Sun.