Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Should I shut down my Buderus G215 boiler before a planned water line shut down?

Options
ECMO1
ECMO1 Member Posts: 1
Should I shut down my Buderus G215 boiler before a planned water line shut down? City guidance suggests taking system off line if I have a hot water heating system combined with a hot water heater. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    No need to shut it down if it isn't losing water somewhere where it shouldn't be. Generally heating systems in good shape don't need any water feed -- or at most, very little. I'd just close the manual feed valve to it and let it go. Is the hot water heater part of the boiler, or is it separate? Is it just a coil in the boiler? In either case, you'd be fine (and save yourself some crummy looking hot water later! By closing the valve going to the hot water heater as well. If it's a separate hot water heater I'd turn it off for the duration.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Definitely close the feed, if you aren't 100% sure your backfeeder (if installed) isn't working correctly. You don't want it to back feed and put boiler water into the domestic piping.
    steve
    Zman