Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Approximate New Boiler W/ Install Cost?

Options
isaacleonard1
isaacleonard1 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
I'll be getting a few quotes this spring for the replacement of my old Am St fuel oil boiler. I am switching to LP. What is an approximate cost of a new unit w/ standard install (pretty straightforward) for my 1300 ft^2 house with 900 ft^2 basement. Right now i have approximately 120 feet of aluminum fin baseboard and do not plan to add or remove any.

I know that my heat load will be calculated and size determined but can anyone get me a ballpark? I do not plan to do hot water with this new boiler unless someone has a good reason to.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

• STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,967
    Options
    We don't discuss price on this forum. Only value.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options

We don't discuss price on this forum. Only value.

This is well said. Go ahead and get your quotes and bring them here less the prices and you will get an honest discussing and evaluation on the value. You can also perhaps get an idea of what to ask or look for in a quote. We will not discuss prices because it's such a poor measure of quality.

Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Site rules prohibit discussing pricing.

One of the reasons is what you're asking is far too vague. It's like asking "what does a car cost"?

The size and efficiency of the boiler, the extent of the needed accessories, the amount of labor involved, the varying cost of doing business in different locals, etc, are just a few of the reasons that we can't discuss pricing.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    GroundUpSTEVEusaPARich_49
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    I hate when guys can't give you a straight answer. Anywhere between a '86 Yugo and a 2020 Rolls Phantom.
    However, with a large swing in craftsmanship in the trades, price doesn't necessarily equate to quality.
    Rich_49Zman