Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mini-split

JD1955
JD1955 Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 1
I'm putting a mini split with Alpine three head units 12k 9k 9k 840 sq foot single wide mobile home. Ive totally gutted it I'M also putting spray foam in walls & ceilings. Do I need some way for fresh air to come in it seems silly to do all this and have to put a hole thru wall to do this.
Thanks for your reply

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    The opinions vary, if you need an official answer, find somebody with a blower door and calculate the air changes per hour. As you may know, a heat recovery ventilator would transfer some of that energy, so it’s not as bad as poking a hole in the side of your house.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    DZoro
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,843
    JD1955 said:

I'm putting a mini split with Alpine three head units 12k 9k 9k 840 sq foot single wide mobile home. Ive totally gutted it I'M also putting spray foam in walls & ceilings. Do I need some way for fresh air to come in it seems silly to do all this and have to put a hole thru wall to do this.
    Thanks for your reply

A Healthy home needs a complete air change every 6 - 8 hour to bring in Fresh oxygen and to expel indoor pollutants.

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,843
    Where is this mobile home that requires 2 1/2-Tons of cooling for 800 Sq Ft?

What is the back up source of heat?
  • jacobsond
    jacobsond Member Posts: 90
    I'm sure you did a load calculation for cooling so you are not putting in to big of a unit. Sounds like a lot of cooling for 840 sq ft. I hope those things modulate way down.
    coming to you from warm and sunny ND