Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

York TG8S060A12MP11B Furnace intermittently goes into lockout and then led flashes Red 7 times.

Options
2»

Comments

• ukiltmybrutha
    ukiltmybrutha Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks for getting me this far and for your time! I have learned tons here! 3 is now lighting every time so at least that intermittence will keep us warm!
    SuperTech
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,072
    Options
    Good for now......how about the exhaust venting pictures?
    SuperTechukiltmybrutha
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,721
    Options

Thanks for getting me this far and for your time! I have learned tons here! 3 is now lighting every time so at least that intermittence will keep us warm!

Oh, so you changed the location of the flame sensor rod from the end to the middle?
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    I swapped burners 2 and 3. I didn't change the location of the flame sensor. Sure, I will get pics of the exhaust where visible.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,377
    Options
    Your propane supplier should be able to properly set the regulators and the burner manifold pressure.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    So then the burner that is firing reliably followed the physical burner assembly and is now near the flame sensor?
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    It is actually no more or less reliable than before unfortunately. False positive.
  • ukiltmybrutha
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Attaching requested pictures of the parts of the exhaust that I can see. I guess that this exits the top of the roof 28 feet higher. I am pretty scared of heights so I can't get pics of that.

Thanks!

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,181
    Options
    Wow. That's not proper venting. At all. Was this installation ever inspected?
    mattmia2Ironman
  • mattmia2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    SuperTech said:

Was this installation ever inspected?

Probably by someone who didn't want to go in to the crawl space.

Actually, I'm not sure what vent that appliance requires. If it is a high temp vent it is way too close to combustibles, if it is low temp it may just be sloppy.
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    Great! Another thing to worry about. Thanks for letting me know though. It was inspected by the typical inspector who just looks away. That's how it is at least around here in Central/Northern Virginia.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,072
    Options
    My guess is that the flex is only used right at the furnace and then connects to "B" vent going horizontal then up 2 floors out thru the roof.
    The B vent should have 1 inch clearance to combustibles and the flex should have 6 inches.

If you change out furnaces someday and went to a condensing type then your exhaust could vent more safely out the crawl space side wall.
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    Thanks, probably the case. This is a single story so through the crawl, through the large attic and then through the roof as a guess.
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    As an aside maybe, I found these two items attached to the furnace as well. Any idea what they may be?

• mattmia2
    Options
    Condensate pump for the AC and filter/dryer for the AC.
    ukiltmybrutha
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,377
    Options

Great! Another thing to worry about. Thanks for letting me know though. It was inspected by the typical inspector who just looks away. That's how it is at least around here in Central/Northern Virginia.

Where in VA are you located?

I'm near Staunton.

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • ukiltmybrutha
    Options
    I am in the Fredericksburg area but travel to Cville and once in a blue moon to the Stauntonish area for work related stuff.
  • sneeper69
    sneeper69 Member Posts: 0
    Options
    @ukiltmybrutha, Did you ever fix this? I have the same issue on a high efficiency furnace.
  • coldnose
    coldnose Member Posts: 0
    Options
    I’m curious too, I’m having the same issue.