Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shameless self-promotion šŸ˜Ž

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/minnich-hydronic-consulting-and-design

For all your hydronic consulting and design needs.

*To be clear, I am no longer in the contracting business.
Steve Minnich
IronmanSTEVEusaPAZman

Comments

• Tinman
    Options
    Thank you @clammy! The ā€œsmart end of the wrenchā€, I love that.
    Steve Minnich
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    We all know to well the other end of that wrench well enough to know the value of having a brain attached to it ,it seems to end knuckle heading having one but it seems few have the ability to make them work together . I hope it works well for you and your clients they will only know your value when every body else fails usually cause there work ethics are directly attached to thereā€™s check books and a in and out mentality which in the mechanical world usually are not the best situations for dealing w re occurring issues .peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • exqheat
    exqheat Member Posts: 185
    Options
    I agree. Many times when I comment I am accused of selling. Frankly, how will folks find out about available solutions other wise. Frustrated.
    John Cockerill Exquisite Heat www.exqheat.com Precisions boiler control from indoor reset.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,294
    Options
    Hi, A teacher and a salesman may use the same words, itā€™s their motives that are different. I teach and if it becomes paying work, good. But my goal is always to help. Making a living has never been a problem this way.

Yours, Larry
    Hope this doesnā€™t seem too far off track :D
    TinmanAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Tinman
    Options
    I agree, Larry. I love what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™ve always loved paying It forward too, because so many helped me when I coming up, and still do. The education never ends or, at least, shouldnā€™t.
    Steve Minnich
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    That sounds great, Steve. Who are some of your clients? Architects? DIYers? Contractors? All of the above?

How do you get your name out other than on heatinghelp? I've been getting a lot of business off Yelp even though I don't pay for it. Contractor locators on boiler websites help as well, but that's more for service and repair. Word of mouth is the best way.

Now that you've given up your wrenches for another set of tools, what helps with your design work? LoopCAD? AutoCAD? Siggy's Design Studio?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20Ā°Ī”T = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Tinman
    Options
    Thanks Alan. I love it.

Contractors, manufacturers, supply houses, DIYs, and large energy companies. Itā€™s been a little bit of everything. Some of it is annual contracts and others job by job.

I have residential and commercial Elite Load Calc software, Uponor for radiant loads, Siggyā€™s software including HydroSketch and others. I also still like to draw by hand and can do smaller load calcs manually.

I have a presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, and HH, of course. Mostly itā€™s by word of mouth. Angieā€™s or others like that donā€™t interest me.
    Steve Minnich
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Very clean and easy to read. Suitable for framing.

Is that a pressure drop gauge around the circulators? I love it! Who makes those assemblies?

• Tinman
    Options
    Iā€™m putting together a hydronic system for training purposes. This was the first rendition but Iā€™ve changed it a few times already.

I put together the pressure gauges in parallel with the circs. I also put a permanent gas gauge in the gas pipe and will have a permanent thermometer in the flue pipe.

Iā€™m geeking it out completely. Itā€™s mine so why not, right?
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Options
    And no more high temp zones. The highest SWT will be 100F.
    Steve Minnich
    Options

• Tinman
    Options
    Those are likely more practical, but the potential margin of error is less with a single gauge.
    Steve Minnich