Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube Prestige Solo 210 sporadic bang noise problem

get1moore
get1moore Member Posts: 5
I have a Triangle tube Prestige Solo 210 which I purchased online and installed myself because I couldn't get a heating company to give me a bid in my rural area of southwestern New York state. It's about a year old and has been working fine, but has been doing this sporadic bang noise since about a month after I installed it. It sounds like a gun going off out the exhaust (big bang). There are no errors on the system and it does it so sporadically its hard to catch it in the act. I would think that it's the igniter but its igniting good 90-95% of the time without a bang, so I wouldn't think that the igniter is the issue. BTW, I did finally get a tech out to look at it and he said that he couldn't find anything wrong with it (no charge for service call). I think he just didn't know what to do to troubleshoot it or he had easier problems to solve and didn't want the challenge or have time for it.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Peter_26
    Peter_26 Member Posts: 129
    Have you performed a combustion analysis since install?
    Ironmankcopp
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,429
    A digital combustion analysis by a competent, trained tech is the first step. I doubt if the ignitor is bad on new boiler.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • get1moore
    I did not do a combustion analysis because 1. I didn't have a meter and 2. A service company that I called to have come do it, told me that "all of these units come pretested and so they don't need to be combustion analyzed" , and 3. The tech that did come out didn't do a test at that time either.
    I will see if I can get a "competent, trained tech" to come do it. It's not easy getting someone to come out, let alone answer the phone. It's not like I'm not willing to pay them. I think the problem is the fact that they didn't install it and because I did install it , I think I might know more about it then the tech that came out knew about it (I didn't tell him that and BTW, I didn't look over his shoulder when he came, I just left him alone to look at it.
    Any comments?
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,890
    edited January 2020
    No unit can not come preajusted . Pikes Peak would be a different mixture then say Long Island . The O2 mixture need to be set for each instal ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

kcoppIronmanSuperTech
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,429
    If no combustion analysis is needed, then why does the I/O manual say this?

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Zman
  • get1moore
    Thanks for your comments everyone. I will be checking into this. When its all over, I'll comment and let you all know what was causing the issue and what fixed it.
    Zman
  • paulstt930
    paulstt930 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I just read your thread and wondered what the outcome was in correcting the problem. I have a twelve year old TT Solo 175 and I'm also experiencing a periodic big bang/boom at start up. It's not consistent, but probably occurs a few times each day. We had our unit cleaned in October and was told that the combustion analysis was within the recommended range.