Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kohler Steam Mist

Options
Intplm.
Intplm. Member Posts: 1,947
I'm working on/troubleshooting a kohler steamist steam generator mod.TSG-10.
The complaint is that it is not generating enough steam like it did in the past.
Has anyone had any experience with these things, and what should I be looking for?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    Scale. That's a consumptive use, and over time all the dissolved solids in the water have nowhere to go and get left behind.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Intplm.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    I'll second @Jamie Hall's diagnosis, & add that maintenance is a must on a steam humidifier. I've come across steam humidifiers (large commercial models, to be sure) that were literally full of minerals, to the point that it took hours of chiseling & soaking in muriatic to get 'em to the point they'd operate long enough for new drums to come in. (They did component level repair of million dollar computers there, too dry was a real concern. Neat place. To bad they didn't understand scheduled maintenance!)

Figure on replacing the drum.

Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,947
    Options
    Thank you gentlemen for your good advice. It is as we/you expected. Scale on the heating elements and a blown board.
    Due to the high cost of parts, the customer has decided on a entire replacement of the unit.

Thanks for your help.
    ratio