Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New house with solar/propane boiler/pex radiant = confusion

Options
2»

Comments

• vsdera
    vsdera Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The key to the correct installation of the boiler and its further normal operation is the clever design of the entire heating system. We are talking about the fact that, for example, significant efficiency and comfort of the equipment can not be achieved without the installation of thermostats.
    Think well before purchasing a house with a boiler of this kind. You can still contact Mortgage Advice London to find out the current offers. The fact is that modern technologies allow you to create zonal heating systems. In this case, each heating zone maintains its microclimate under the control of a room temperature sensor.
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    You should have a proper combustion test performed on that unit. There should be service companies familiar with setting that boiler up for propane in your area (they are not hard to do but easy to screw up) If you think that the flue may have been recirculating back into the intake you should consider taking a look at the venturi for signs of premature failure. You will get poor combustion if the venturi fails and probably a nice foghorn or whistling sound too. I have seen those burning poorly with a blown out venturi producing CO beyond what my analyzer would read.

It looks like whoever did the job did good work, but I would want to have combustion checked anyway for peace of mind.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    vsdera said:

The key to the correct installation of the boiler and its further normal operation is the clever design of the entire heating system. We are talking about the fact that, for example, significant efficiency and comfort of the equipment can not be achieved without the installation of thermostats.

The OP is over 2 years stale. These recent posts have zero relevance. Why the irrelevant response?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein