Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Old Mini Therm II not shutting Down

Had to repair a bad pump and a blown line. Now the boiler will not shut down when it gets to the high limit. Checked the limit switch and it's breaking contact, if I pull the MV socket the boiler will shut down, but other wise it just keeps heating up until I shut it down manually. Ideas, Please?

Comments

• Jamie HallJamie Hall Posts: 11,458Member
    Hopefully somewhere in the wiring from the limit switch to that socket there is a short. Or it got mis-wired somehow.
    Br. Jamie, osb

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • ZmanZman Posts: 5,334Member
    edited December 4
    There was a period of time when Teledyne Laars employed an absolute psychopath to install zip ties on the control wires. I have seen them so tight they crushed the insulation and shorted the wires. I would try turning it all power off, cutting the ties and inspecting the wiring.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein