Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

THIS THING IS AWESOME!

Options
Ironman
Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
Got this Milwaukee 18v pipe threader for a ridiculously great price. The manager at my local Ferguson's has made me some super deals on Milwaukee.

When I went in yesterday, he started pushing me to buy it. I told that I didn't need it since I had a Ridgid 700. He kept dropping the price to where he got $300 below their normal cost. Well, that was too great a temptation for me to resist.

As much power as the 700, but with the variable speed trigger, you can take your time so you're using less oil and have less of a mess. Comes with two 12ah batteries. That's worth about $400 alone.

The Gates boys (Bobby and John) give it 5 stars.

Bob Boan
You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
GroundUpSTEVEusaPA

Comments

• GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Heck yes they are! I got one to demo back in July or so and beat the snot out of it threading about 1500ft of 3/4"-2" sch 40 gas line for a school remodel. Flawless operation start to finish. I ended up cutting every inch of that pipe out and running it again in brazed copper, as the engineer didn't consider there was no room for return ductwork so the ceiling cavity in which all my piping ran became a return plenum and threaded pipe is a no-go, so I ended up giving the threader back and don't thread enough to justify the cost but it was definitely an awesome piece of equipment!
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    Do the Ridgid 12R dies fit?
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    @Ironman we have one on order and waiting for it to come in, can’t wait to put it to good use.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Ironman
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    @EBEBRATT-Ed yes the Ridgid 12R die heads will work with it.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Ironman
  • wesPA
    wesPA Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I would love to have that and the M18 press tool on my truck! Thanks for the feedback.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I want it, but after shipping my 18 Volt hole hawg back twice in less than a year for repairs, I am too nervous its gonna break and I will still have to carry both corded and battery around. The onsite, in the air application though makes it super appealing.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,967
    Options
    A buddy of mine just picked one of these up too. He just loves the thing.
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    edited November 2019
    Options
    How much lighter is it than the big old 700? Just did some 1” gas pipe the other day and ended up threading it all outside rather than in the house.

Our boss also has us do a lot of counter strike SS flex instead of black pipe for gas. I really don’t like it and the fittings are really expensive. Sometimes it takes almost as long. Only time it’s better if it you have to push it through a crawlspace or somewhere inaccessible.

But if we had a good cordless pipe threader...

... maybe the M18 portaband, tube cutter and vacuum cleaner too.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It's a couple of pounds lighter than the 700, but much easier to control and use.

Will it last as long as the 700? I seriously doubt it; those things will last a lifetime if not abused. But this has as much, if not more, power than the 700.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.