Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco zone zvc406 valve system flashing yellow light for nest thermostats zones

2»

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    Did your ZVC come with a bag of resistors?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    As @hot_rod said, when all else fails, outboard power and relays.

In answer to the question as to "monitor on the computer" -- anything that is monitored requires wi-fi, except some high end Honeywells, and they ALL require constant power -- that infamous C wire. So no, no suggestions as to thermostats your client can monitor without that.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    It came with resistors, I tried putting them between W and C on the thermostat and the LED's are still dim and flicker. Im amazed that with no call I watched it open a zone and close it within a 3 second interval. Its pretty whacky.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 973
    w and c on the zone control panel
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,375
    I’m gonna repeat what I’ve said and asked before: unless it’s a remote location that’s temporarily occupied, why do people feel the need to monitor their thermostats all the time?

Ive been in this business 50 years and I’ve never felt the need to monitor my thermostat when I’m at work.

Hydronic systems work best when you “set it and forget it”.

A Nest is the worst stat for a hydronic system.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    @ironman I am 100% on your side. Some people have control issues and need to see and monitor everything all the time. This particular job had a camera and mic in the boiler room. Though some new technologies are pretty fantastic they bring some headaches as well.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt