Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat wiring

Bayview
Bayview Member Posts: 15
I am going from a Rehau thermostat with four wires (red, white, dark blue, green) to a Tekmar 561 thermostat. This is a thermostat for one room controlling one valve on a Wirsbo controller on a gas boiler for radiant floor heat.
I am having difficulty understanding where the four wires go on the Tekmar 561. On the Rehau the red wire is at RC/24v position A. The white wire is at RH/24v position B. Position C has no wire. The dark blue wire is at Comp/RH at position 2. The green wire is at ON/W at position 3. Position 4 has no wire.
The choices on the Tekmar 561 do not match up directly. My choices are C, R. AWAY, RH1, W1, SENCOM, S1, S2. The schematic shows a jumper between R and RH1. I have no floor sensor, this will just be one room temperature sensing internal to the thermostat. The boiler is single stage. It either is on or off (if that matters). Thank you for the guidance, I am sure this is rather elementary for a pro.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    You want to be on C,R and W1 with the jumper installed between R-RH1.
    Can you take a picture of the connections of the other end of the wire? I am not familiar with your old thermostat.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Bayview
  • Bayview
    Thank you for responding. I will take pictures shortly.
  • Bayview
    Pic 1 is the current thermostat and wiring. Pic 2 is one of four boxes that wires go into in the boiler room. This particular thermo is for the kitchen. Pic 3 is the cover off the box. Pic 4 is a close up of the kitchen thermo wiring receptacle. Pic 5 is the back of the Tekmar 561. Pic 6 is the Tekmar wiring instructions.

• Zman
    It sure looks like they used red for R and white for C. Blue would be RH1 with no jumper and green would be W1. I am about 95% on it and would check with voltage meter.
    Albert Einstein
  • Bayview
    Thanks so much!
  • Bayview
    With the voltage meter I would check which two wires to see 24v if this is the proper configuration?
  • Zman
    The red and blue wires should show a little over 24 volts (sometimes up 28) to ground or common. The other wires should not.
    Albert Einstein
  • Bayview
    Thank you so much for the wiring guide for the Tekmar 561. It worked perfect.

ratio