Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam furnace

Options
Khiara
Khiara Member Posts: 1
i have an issue ..i have a new Williamson steam furnace 3 years a go i did connect a new one pipe radiator hooked to the main, the i tested the same day and the furnace was good the pipe start heating it was fine, i shutdown everything try to turn on again 4 weeks after is not working at all, the sight glass has no water..any help please i would appreciate. Thank you

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You obviously have a leak(s) somewhere that need to be fixed immediately. If you can't visibly see any, you may have some in buried wet return piping.

It may be time to call a steam pro. Try the contractor locator above.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    @Ironman has the most likely problem -- but are you quite sure that the glass has no water? It can sometimes be deceptive and actually be full of water. Too full, in fact. This can also shut off a steam boiler if there is enough of too much.

Either way -- you probably need a pro steam person (not all plumbers are well qualified to handle steam systems). The "Find a contractor" above -- or just tell us where you are.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Ironman