Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 Dip switch configuration

I want to change the dip switch of the Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 to shut off right away when the temperature is met. It’s states SW1-1 should be on and SW1-2 should be on. I’m not understanding what that should be. Attached are some pictures with the instructions.

Comments

• plandisplandis Posts: 6Member
    edited August 16
  • GWGW Posts: 3,439Member
    Sorry I haven’t done one of these yet. Mitsubishi Rep says you lose some diagnostic capabilities and some of the finer “variable capacity” features.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]
  • ratioratio Posts: 2,074Member
    plandis said:

Do I turn these 2 on?

Yes. SW1 is a 4 position DIP switch block, numbered 1..4 on the face of it. Remove power, flip those two switches on, & reapply power. (The bigger 8 position switch block is marked SW2, you can just make it out under the black X on the top of the picture.)

FWIW, you may be able to find a service guide to that part at mylinkdrive.com, which may give you more information about what each setting does & how they interact.

• plandisplandis Posts: 6Member
    So when you mean switch those two switches, the ones labeled 1 and 2 on the SW1 block?
  • ratioratio Posts: 2,074Member
    plandis said:

So when you mean switch those two switches, the ones labeled 1 and 2 on the SW1 block?

Yes. Push the little sliders marked 1 & 2 towards ON. You should feel a slight (or possibly more pronounced) click when they move—but not all have this feature! If you don't feel a click, flip them back to off & then back on again. I have, occasionally, had these style fail to make the electrical connection. A double flip generally fixed it.