Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 Dip switch configuration

I want to change the dip switch of the Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 to shut off right away when the temperature is met. It’s states SW1-1 should be on and SW1-2 should be on. I’m not understanding what that should be. Attached are some pictures with the instructions.

Comments

• plandis
    plandis Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019
    Do I turn these 2 on?
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Sorry I haven’t done one of these yet. Mitsubishi Rep says you lose some diagnostic capabilities and some of the finer “variable capacity” features.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    plandis said:

Do I turn these 2 on?

Yes. SW1 is a 4 position DIP switch block, numbered 1..4 on the face of it. Remove power, flip those two switches on, & reapply power. (The bigger 8 position switch block is marked SW2, you can just make it out under the black X on the top of the picture.)

FWIW, you may be able to find a service guide to that part at mylinkdrive.com, which may give you more information about what each setting does & how they interact.

• plandis
    plandis Member Posts: 6
    So when you mean switch those two switches, the ones labeled 1 and 2 on the SW1 block?
  • ratio
    plandis said:

So when you mean switch those two switches, the ones labeled 1 and 2 on the SW1 block?

Yes. Push the little sliders marked 1 & 2 towards ON. You should feel a slight (or possibly more pronounced) click when they move—but not all have this feature! If you don't feel a click, flip them back to off & then back on again. I have, occasionally, had these style fail to make the electrical connection. A double flip generally fixed it.
  • rick25s
    rick25s Member Posts: 49
    plandis said:

I want to change the dip switch of the Mitsubishi PAC-US444CN-1 to shut off right away when the temperature is met. It’s states SW1-1 should be on and SW1-2 should be on. I’m not understanding what that should be. Attached are some pictures with the instructions.

Where is that circuit board that you have the picture of? In the remote, receiver, indoor unit?
  • ratio
    The PAC-US444CN-1 is a small (c. 3" x 3" x 1/2") accessory that mounts at a convenient location on or near the indoor unit, to convert the mini split to thermostat control. It plugs in to the mini split head & wires to a (field supplied) 24 volt transformer & a standard thermostat (e.g Nest). You lose the variable capacity of the mini split, although with a multi-stage stat you don't have to run in high all the time.
  • rick25s
    rick25s Member Posts: 49
    ratio said:

The PAC-US444CN-1 is a small (c. 3" x 3" x 1/2") accessory that mounts at a convenient location on or near the indoor unit, to convert the mini split to thermostat control. It plugs in to the mini split head & wires to a (field supplied) 24 volt transformer & a standard thermostat (e.g Nest). You lose the variable capacity of the mini split, although with a multi-stage stat you don't have to run in high all the time.

Ah. It looks like mine is a different model: MIFH2. My remote is an MHK2. My problem is that I set the thermostat to 61 and it heats to 64. I am not sure why, but suspect it's because there is some kind of shut down delay when the room reaches temperature. The solution is to set SW1-1 and SW1-2 to ON, but it looks like that may not pertain to my equipment.

Rick

• ratio
    I'm not familiar with that model, but most|all mini splits seem to run the fan at a low-low setting once they're satisfied, that can sometimes lead to over heating/cooling: see this thread for a success story.

You should be able to find all the documents you need at https://mylinkdrive.com/USA, Mitsubishi's online document center. I wish all mfgrs would do something similar!

rick25s