Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Slant Fin Heat Loss Calc Questions
Trying to use the Slant Fin Heat Loss calculator to properly size a new boiler for my 1989, 4k sq ft house that I've owned for about 1 year. However there's a lot of ambiguity in the app that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Here's my questions:
1) What do you do when you don't know the "Factors". I don't know what windows or doors are single vs double glazed vs triple glazed, etc. Should I choose the lowest numbers, highest numbers, or ones in the middle?
2) What doors should be counted? Exterior only? Interior as well? Open entryways? If interior and open entry way as well, do I double count them for both rooms that touch them?
3) Should skylights be counted as part of glass sq ft and how should they impact selections on the infiltration factor?
4) What is exposed wall length? Is that exterior walls?
5) What is cold partition length?
6) When a door is a patio door that is almost all glass, should I count that as a window instead of a door?
7) What do I set for Indoor temperature? Is that the desired temperature in the winter time?
8) How do I know if I have Fine/Line or Base/Line baseboards?
9) I'm assuming I don't do this for non-heated rooms such as finished basement (currently use space heaters but will switch to a separate mini-split system) or non-finished attic/basement spaces? Or do I, but I set baseboard length to 0?