Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

for all of you oil dealers WOW

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,693
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,327
    Options
    That's cute. There are problem people in every business...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    What’s your point?
    One unscrupulous oil company who decided to use non spec bio up to 80%. Knowing nothing about fuel, limits of the equipment or anything but greed. And got caught, rightfully so.
    Stupid, sad. Every trade has them, as evidence by all the steam-boilers-piped-criminally-wrong threads, that we see here installed by 'licensed' plumbers weekly.

Doesn’t affect honest companies like myself.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Makes one wonder.
    I have a local oil co, and anytime that I have a issue with the oil and ask them to put a treatment in the customers tank. They get all defensive, saying there's nothing wrong with our oil...… I'm like I never said there was, just need some treatment in the customers tank. But maybe, just maybe something else going on....
    Makes one wonder.
    Greed is what it is all about for some, I enjoy sleeping at night...
    D
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    While I do know a few honest-to-goodness crooks, it's been my experience that incompetence outweighs shadiness by an order of magnitude, or more. Not that it matters from the customers' view, I suppose.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    No point Steve, just sharing some news.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    STEVEusaPA
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Howard Peterson says he doesnt drop B80. Then says it should be done and somebody has to be first. A little delusional me thinks.
    GW
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Ugh. Reminds me of some of my first experiences with oil.

When I was an apprentice the company has a huge job in Westchester county doing a 50 million dollar mansion on a horse farm with a thirty ton chiller and four Buderus boilers heating several zones of in slab radiant, 19 hydro air units of various sizes and a snow melt system for the mile long driveway. These Buderus boilers were burning 100% biodiesel with Beckett AFG burners.

The owner of the company had the senior service technician tune the burners with an old school Bacharach wet kit combustion analyzer. Well these boilers sooted up constantly. And of course the apprentice had to clean them. It rivals some waste oil boilers for the nastiest equipment I have had to clean.