Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Radiant Heat - Onix Tubing - brand new Boiler - nothing works -- HELP!!
I'm a homeowner in NJ. I have whole home radiant heat. My house is about 18 years old.
- tubing is onix watts heatway
System was breaking down so my HVAC service provider suggested i change out my cast iron boiler for an energy efficient Weil McLane boiler (399) in 2017
- While replacing the boiler they tried to flush out the tubes and found lots of dark sludge
- since then, the radiant heating has begun breaking down in various zones,
- HVAC provider believes that it's a result of sludge buildup in the Onix tubes restricting flow of water
- hard to confirm that this is the case (thoughts?). Might it be just be a combination of non-functioning mixing valves and pumps? I'm not an expert
- I no longer have heat in 1/3 of house
- Separately a new problem has emerged over the past few weeks: my fancy new boiler keeps on shutting off which impacts the heat in the rest of my home as well as my hot water. Obviously a major problem.
I'm trying to figure out if these events are related and how to resolve.
Any suggestions? What should I do?!?