Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Radiant Heat - Onix Tubing - brand new Boiler - nothing works -- HELP!!
I'm a homeowner in NJ. I have whole home radiant heat. My house is about 18 years old.
- tubing is onix watts heatway
System was breaking down so my HVAC service provider suggested i change out my cast iron boiler for an energy efficient Weil McLane boiler (399) in 2017
- While replacing the boiler they tried to flush out the tubes and found lots of dark sludge
- since then, the radiant heating has begun breaking down in various zones,
- HVAC provider believes that it's a result of sludge buildup in the Onix tubes restricting flow of water
- hard to confirm that this is the case (thoughts?). Might it be just be a combination of non-functioning mixing valves and pumps? I'm not an expert
- I no longer have heat in 1/3 of house
- Separately a new problem has emerged over the past few weeks: my fancy new boiler keeps on shutting off which impacts the heat in the rest of my home as well as my hot water. Obviously a major problem.
I'm trying to figure out if these events are related and how to resolve.
Any suggestions? What should I do?!?