Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

If you’ve got it, show it off!

Options

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    Looks good today, but I wonder about tomorrow. It's hard enough to get funding for necessary repairs, now add cleaning supplied on top of that? Maybe it'll make it easier to get money, if everyone walking by can see the duct tape & bailing wire.
    triggerhappy241Matthias
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    I wonder if one of those is a heat recovery chiller? Most of the year there’s a huge opportunity to use condenser water for reheat rather than a boiler. I worked on a hybrid heat recovery geothermal chiller with a 140T 6 stage scroll chiller. Was valved so you could use various stages for heating or cooling at the same time or Sink or Source the ground loop.

Was a really great idea, but HORRIBLE control system and mechanical engineer mucked up a bunch of little things that limited its overall performance.

Warning...never ever use a modulating end loop bypass. Use seperate variable flow pumps for the primary and secondary with an thermal storage tank as a low loss header. Would have worked perfectly that way.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • triggerhappy24
    triggerhappy24 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    We will never see are facility on there :D
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,525
    Options
    Architectural Award! I would be more interested in a Mechanical Award. Guess I am more concerned that it works rather than what it looks like but it does look good
    ratio
  • ChicagoCooperator
    ChicagoCooperator Member Posts: 354
    Options
    Both of their new chiller plants are impressive new glass buildings. Their steam plant is adjacent to this building and provides an extensive district steam system - I keep telling them to extend it two blocks further so my building can connect.