Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

New York (YONKERS) Steam plumber recommendation?

gryegrye Posts: 75Member
Hi all.

After a lot of threads and PMs I have identified the most probably cause for my imbalanced system issue. I need to either drill and tap an angled main vent into a vertical return, or pipe in a sideways T for a straight vent. I know neither are ideal (not far enough back from return, water hammer potential etc), just the way my system is and what needs to happen.

I've had several plumbers come, but none of them really knew steam systems. On one hand I could tell them exactly what I want done, but i'd rather somebody that knew why I wanted it done and maybe consider other factors that i'm not.

Any reputable steam plumbers in/around Yonkers or the Bronx?

Comments

• Jamie HallJamie Hall Posts: 10,276Member
    Good heavens yes. Try the "Find a Contractor" tab on the main page of this site, clicking on New York State (don't use the zip code feature). All the folks there are good.
    Jamie

Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • gryegrye Posts: 75Member
    Thanks Jamie. I tried that by zip, and only one came up. Last time I needed something I called and they didn’t service my area. @Jamie Hall
  • EzzyTEzzyT Posts: 811Member
    edited November 2018
    I Service Yonkers area @grye send me a private message and maybe we can set something up.