Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New York (YONKERS) Steam plumber recommendation?

Options
grye
grye Member Posts: 88
Hi all.

After a lot of threads and PMs I have identified the most probably cause for my imbalanced system issue. I need to either drill and tap an angled main vent into a vertical return, or pipe in a sideways T for a straight vent. I know neither are ideal (not far enough back from return, water hammer potential etc), just the way my system is and what needs to happen.

I've had several plumbers come, but none of them really knew steam systems. On one hand I could tell them exactly what I want done, but i'd rather somebody that knew why I wanted it done and maybe consider other factors that i'm not.

Any reputable steam plumbers in/around Yonkers or the Bronx?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    Good heavens yes. Try the "Find a Contractor" tab on the main page of this site, clicking on New York State (don't use the zip code feature). All the folks there are good.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • grye
    grye Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks Jamie. I tried that by zip, and only one came up. Last time I needed something I called and they didn’t service my area. @Jamie Hall
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I Service Yonkers area @grye send me a private message and maybe we can set something up.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856