Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Let’s see the book collections

Options
Here’s my basement shelf. The rest of it is scattered around the house and work van.

Let’s see some literature collections. Hoping to steal some book titles :)
Never stop learning.

Comments

• Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Great and encouraging for new comers like me to keep on learning and studying . " A home with out library is like a body with out soul " .
    Zman
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Mike,
    I like it. You made me realize that I have a few checked out that I need to get back. I found a very eager controls student who has some overdue books.

Judging by what you have, I think you would like Thermal Comfort and Cameron Hydraulic Data. Rust is also a fun one.

What is your favorite refrigeration book? I don't really want to get into that business, just would like a better understanding of what's what. I book on theory and general troubleshooting would be nice.

Thanks,
    Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Mike_Sheppard
    Mike_Sheppard Member Posts: 696
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Zman, I just added both of those books to my Amazon list. I'll pick them up soon.

I have two favorite AC/Refrigeration books. The first is the Modern AC and Refrigeration text book. I learned a ton from it.
    Link: http://a.co/d/aVOvPwr

My next favorite one is called Commercial Refrigeration by **** Wirz. He used to be the head of the AC department at a local community college here in VA. Great book.
    Link: http://a.co/d/gJkGJQ6

This is just my trade book shelf. I have larger shelves with my other hobby - physics and space. I think books written by astronauts are my favorite. Favorite book of all time is still Chris Hadfield's, "An Astronauts Guide to Life on Earth."
    Never stop learning.
  • Mike_Sheppard
    Mike_Sheppard Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Roohollah said:

Great and encouraging for new comers like me to keep on learning and studying . " A home with out library is like a body with out soul " .

I have Dan Holohan to blame for my obsession with books. I read The Lost Art and it blew me away. I had no idea how much you could learn from simply reading a book.
    Never stop learning.
    Erin Holohan HaskellSeanBeans
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Zman said:

Mike,
    I like it. You made me realize that I have a few checked out that I need to get back. I found a very eager controls student who has some overdue books.

Judging by what you have, I think you would like Thermal Comfort and Cameron Hydraulic Data. Rust is also a fun one.

What is your favorite refrigeration book? I don't really want to get into that business, just would like a better understanding of what's what. I book on theory and general troubleshooting would be nice.

Thanks,
    Carl

I'm disappointed Carl. Only 1 chess book (it's not a bad one)?
    steve
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    Options
    @Zman,

If your looking for something good for refrigeration basics go to the Emerson site and look for "Copeland Refrigeration Handbook" you can download it for free. I have read and re read this for years easy to read has a ton of info
    ratio
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    link ?
    known to beat dead horses
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    A "Ton" of info, refrigeration!.....
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Small library and totally influenced by Dan Holohan.

The "We Got Steam Heat!" copies I give away to my steam clients which are very few.

The only chess book I have is "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" about David Bronstein, the chess master, written by my cousin.

I just realized my John Siegenthaler "Modern Hydronic Heating" edition is missing. I just may have to buy another one unless I can remember who I loaned it to.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Erin Holohan Haskell