Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Base boards not getting hot.

Nick_RNick_R Posts: 3Member
I have a two room apartment that I am trying to heat. Each room is on a separate floor, have their own zones and are pretty small with shorter sections of baseboard. The boiler is wall hung. It has two taco circulaters that push the hot water through one check valve each. The check valves work. The return pipes converge twelve feet from the boiler before they enter the boiler. The pressure is normal. The output temp on the boiler is 182 degrees. The return temp is sometimes the same as the output and the boiler shuts off while the zones are still calling for heat.

The baseboards are not getting as hot as they should. As a result the rooms stay cool and the system is constantly running. Someone once told me that if the water is flowing to fast the baseboards will not get hot. Could this be true?

Thanks in advance for any insight,
Nick

Comments

• HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 1,524Member
    It could be as simple as purging the zone, or it can be much more. Can you post some pics of the boiler and piping? Not too close.
    Is there outdoor reset?
    The fact that the return temp is the same as the supply temp is a little weird even if they're very short loops.
    Most mod con boilers will go into a soft lockout when there's not enough diff in S & R temps.
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 1,309Member
    Sounds like air or bad pump. Need some pictures.
  • STEVEusaPASTEVEusaPA Posts: 2,232Member
    Sounds like too big a boiler, not enough heat emitters. What part of the world are you in where you need 180° water today?
    steve
  • IronmanIronman Posts: 4,453Member
    Are the dampers open on the BBs? Has new carpet been installed?
    Bob Boan

You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • rick in Alaskarick in Alaska Posts: 734Member
    Does the pressure gauge read accurately? If the pressure is too low, you will only get some gravity flow.
    Also, are the dampers on the baseboard open?
    Rick