Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Piping Tables

bean
bean Member Posts: 34
Can I get a Table for the size of steam pipes in relation to load limits without buying " the golden rules of hydronic heating" ?
DanHolohan

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,986
    You don't want the hydronic heating anyway -- the tables you need are in The Lost Art, and you should have a copy if you're playing with steam.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • bean
    I am currently reading The Lost Art Revisited.Where would I find this chart?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,986
    Several places, since the sizing depends on the type of steam piping involved (one pipe parallel, one pipe counterflow, two pipe feed, two pipe returns). You're in the right place, though! I'd give you page numbers, but they're different in revisited, and I don't have that (yet)
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • bean
    Do you think Dan H. would know?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,742
    Probably. But there's nearly a dozen sizing tables in the single pipe chapter, and about the same in the two-pipe chapter, depending on which particular pipe you're sizing.

What, exactly, are you trying to do? Don't worry if you don't know the right names of things, just describe it and add pictures.