Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ECM replacement for B&G series 100 & 2"?

Options
ratio
ratio Member Posts: 3,626
Does anyone make a drop-in, as in bolts on to the volute, ECM repacement pump for a series 100 &| a series 2" (PD-35), with similar curves? 2-10 control of the PD-35 would be nice but not completely necessary. I've looked at a few mfgrs, but there's too many choices and I don't think I'm using the right search terms.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Do you know if the B&Gs were sized properly ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    Zman
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I wouldn't do that if the original pump was old, even it it were possible.
    As annoying as it may be, take the time to install a new circulator with 2 new isolation flanges.
    If you're draining the system anyway, I'd put iso flanges on the other zones too.
    steve
  • ratio
    Options
    Dunno for certain about the sizing yet, but it's worked for nearly 60 years, so I'm guessing close enough. I'm ordering pressure gauges to see just how much water I'm moving. This loop is c. 50002 foot of radiant floor, with a manual gate valve for boiler bypass for temp regulation.

I'm hoping to do a minimum of repiping since it's 2½", and because the Ridgid 141 scares the you-know-what outta me.

I'm hoping to rework the big loop into an VS injection pump system so I can run the boiler hot enough to keep the convectors happy, as that circuit seems to be underradiated, or at least needs the full 180° to heat properly.

• Rich_49
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You could freeze both sides of the circs and do what you need to do using whatever means necessary to not lose much fluid at all . Prefab the circ with flanges on it , freeze , cut out and Pro press in there .

I have a few VR3452s doing in excess of 5,000 sf of radiant each presently
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    732-751-1560
  • ratio
    Options
    I've got valves within a few feet of the circ. I was just thinking that with all the B&G series 100 pumps out there, someone would have a bolt-in ECM upgrade. Seems like a no-brainer to me. A 5 minute upgrade to ECM? I'd think those would sell even if the original pump hasn't failed.
  • Rich_49
    Options
    Taco VR3452 has a 6 3/8 " flange / flange measurement . Why I asked if the 100s were sized properly

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/301-2694.pdf

https://www.torrco.com/ASSETS/DOCUMENTS/CMS/EN/ssc-cat_bg-series-100.pdf
    732-751-1560