Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

can I connect the output from a thermostat to power tekmar 260 boiler demand terminal?

Options
dorish
dorish Member Posts: 1
edited February 2018 in Thermostats and Controls
Hey, I have a client installed tekmar 260 and I want to add a thermostat to the system, then they do not need to go the basement every time to adjust the temperature or hard-wired all the indoor sensor.

According to the manual, the boiler demand terminal need a '24 to 240 voltage signal to be powered', so if use the output from a thermostat with 24 vac should be able to generate a 'demand ' and turn on the boiler. The question is, will this influence the operation logic of the boiler? and what is the difference other than 'programmable' comparing with the indoor sensors? Thank you very much!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    Check page 5 of the manual. Yes, you need a signal on the boiler demand -- but you also need a signal on the indoor sensor. Try the indoor sensor first. Keep in mind that this type of control is not intended for people to crank the thermostat up and down!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Are you presently running an always on system?
    My understanding is that if you wire a t-stat as you are suggesting, you will just disable the heat when the room gets too hot. I don't think it will effect the indoor sensor logic.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein