Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

24v ac for Honeywell vaporstat L408J1009?

Options
The product literature for the Honeywell vaporstat L408J1009 mentions 120v ac, but does not mention 24v ac. My pressuretrol currently operates at 24v ac, and I would like to add a vaporstat as my primary control with the pressuretrol still in place as my backup safety. I'd like to just add the vaporstat in series with the pressuretrol, but need to make sure that the L408J1009 can operate properly at 24v ac. Anybody have direct experience with this? I used Honeywell's customer service inquiry email to inquire, but you never know when a customer service rep reads a question if they will just look at the product spec sheet, see no mention of 24v ac and assume that 24v ac cannot work. If I could get directly to a product engineer there, I would be sure of the accuracy of the answer. Anyway, has anybody used a L408J1009 on 24v ac?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,326
    Options
    Not a problem. The microswitch in there is rated to break 120 vac, which is why it's mentioned. It will handle the 24 vac with no problem.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Motorapido
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    Yes. It’s just a switch. Only limit is maximum voltage and current rating. The device does not use power. Should work on milllivolt too.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Just wire it in series with your Pressuretrol.