Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WIRSBO system not sending heat

lhebgen
lhebgen Member Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in Radiant Heating
Hi -

I have a residential WIRSBO hydronic heating system. I had the water tank replaced in April, and now am having trouble getting the heat to fire on. Here is what we have tried so far:

The hot water heater is working. The gas at the stove and the fireplace is working. The individual thermostats in each room are turned on with a temperature above ambient temperature set. When you look at an individual thermostat,it seems to be trying to work, as underneath the temperature display is a solid line, and underneath that is the furnace symbol with the flames blinking on. However, no air movement or heat comes out of the forced air panels. In the garage, it looks like the picture I previously included. I unplugged and replugged the WIRSBO power cord, and the whirring noises and lights stopped, but turned back on exactly as before. The individual color lights on the panel that correspond with the individual thermostats are all still red. The control box on the right that says "relay" still has one red light and one green light. I could not find any switches to turn on. The red and white knob in the picture appears to be open, but I could not turn it in either direction.

Any further trouble shooting options? I am a distant landlord trying to solve a problem for my tenant, and am hoping there is an EASY solution to this problem.

Thanks!

Liz

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,375
    Could be that the system is air bound or the circulator is not pumping. Too little info to make an Internet diagnosis. Having someone on site who could answer questions and post pics would help.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Zman
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    It appears by this picture that the black caps on the lower manifold ( should be supply ) are screwed on tight . If they are , they are closed ( pin depressed ). Loosen those which are at the opposite end of a line which has an open actuator ( 1,2,3 & 6 in your pic ) .

Has anyone messed with this ? They are upside down and it is possible that air has been able to enter these which would also cause the no heat experience
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    @lhebgen
    More info is needed.
    A picture of the entire system would help as would some field observations. Which pipes are hot to the touch will tell more than anything.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • lhebgen
    lhebgen Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for all your help and suggestions - I am having way too many repairs on this system. Having an expert in today!
  • MykeWhyte
    MykeWhyte Member Posts: 19
    Did you ever find out the problem? I have a similar set up and am trying to figure this out.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    @MykeWhyte perhaps you would be best to start a separate thread for your radiant issue.