Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

0-10v circulator pump

Options
2»

Comments

• tuffcalc
    tuffcalc Member Posts: 35
    Options
    BigRob said:

I finally have the Compass 20-20H installed with the 0-10V. It seems like a nice pump and it's easy to use. The integrated junction box is also easy to use. This pump is the boiler bump for a Knight WHN100 fire tube boiler which has very little pressure drop. The Knight only lets me set the min voltage to 2.5V, while the compass min is 2V, and shuts off below 2V. As is, the compass pumps too much to hit 20F deltaT across the fire tube. When the knight meets the set point it sets the 0-10V to 100% and the compass pumps like crazy. It would be nice if the knight allowed the min 0-10V setting to be lower and had some options to control the speed when the set point is met.

Rob - the Lochinvar can be configured to change all the 0-10v settings in the installer menu. Have you done that?

For my compass I have the lochinvar set minimal voltage to 2.0V and max to 10V. Off at 1V or below. Works great.

BigRob
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,633
    Options
    Sorry, still adjusting to the new forum software.
    BigRob
  • BigRob
    BigRob Member Posts: 322
    Options
    ratio said:

Sorry, still adjusting to the new forum software.
    Looks good. I saw an open box of the Kele one bay and bought that for cheap. Thanks for the tip.

ratio
  • BigRob
    BigRob Member Posts: 322
    Options
    tuffcalc said:

BigRob said:

I finally have the Compass 20-20H installed with the 0-10V. It seems like a nice pump and it's easy to use. The integrated junction box is also easy to use. This pump is the boiler bump for a Knight WHN100 fire tube boiler which has very little pressure drop. The Knight only lets me set the min voltage to 2.5V, while the compass min is 2V, and shuts off below 2V. As is, the compass pumps too much to hit 20F deltaT across the fire tube. When the knight meets the set point it sets the 0-10V to 100% and the compass pumps like crazy. It would be nice if the knight allowed the min 0-10V setting to be lower and had some options to control the speed when the set point is met.

Rob - the Lochinvar can be configured to change all the 0-10v settings in the installer menu. Have you done that?

For my compass I have the lochinvar set minimal voltage to 2.0V and max to 10V. Off at 1V or below. Works great.

Huh, what boiler do you have? I have a WHN199 from around 2011 and have gone in the installer menu but it only allows the minimum of 2.5V for me. Not sure if there is a deeper hidden menu or what. The installer menu I use is the one where you enter in 5309 or whatever it is after a panel button long press.