Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ever see a fan like this?

Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
It’s a Peerless.

Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    What a beautiful piece of art that is! Does it still run?
  • Timco
    Haven’t loosened it up. It’s super stiff.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Beautiful! 1930's vintage?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,159
    That's quite the blower. I love machinery like that! I'll bet that with a little patience -- and maybe some light oil -- you'll get it running like new!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Timco
    Fred said:

Beautiful! 1930's vintage?

1911 baby. House was built by a beer brewer, Fisher beer. Had a speak easy in the basement. Pretty well documented. That blower was in the corner of the attic. Owner wanted it thrown away.
  • Fred
    1911, WOW! Fantastic! That's only 25 to 30 years after the first electric motors were put in use.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Nice find!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Fred

Looking East on West Market Street along the streetcar tracks, with Peerless Electric to the right.

Peerless Electric Company of Warren, Ohio, was founded in 1893 to manufacture electric motors. They are still in business, as a subsidiary of HBD Industries, Inc., and still making motors.

Peerless Electric supplied motors to Sears, Roebuck & Co. This was before Sears began denoting a product's manufacturer by a model-number prefix so Peerless does not have a Sears/Craftsman prefix. Peerless was also an OEM supplier to Yates-American Machine Co.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    what a great score, a great office artifact, and door stop. I'll bet Stephen would give his left ... for that.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream