Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustible gas detectors

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,726
edited September 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with combustible gas detectors?
Can anyone recommend a good one? I see they make some that are built into CO detectors, but they get mixed reviews.

This is for natural gas.

I'd like something perhaps even good enough to wire into a system to shut the gas off if it detects something. But not something that will likely cause complaints over nothing.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    do you mean combustion kits, i have a bacarach works great, i can even change my own sensors every two years, now thats a feature i like alot instead of sending it out every two yrs
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,726
    Options

do you mean combustion kits, i have a bacarach works great, i can even change my own sensors every two years, now thats a feature i like alot instead of sending it out every two yrs

No, no.
    I mean one that can be installed in a space, similar to a smoke detector.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,640
    Options
    I've installed a number of Honeywell Analytics combustible gas detectors. They make models both with and without communications, but I think they all have a pair of relays in 'em. Certain models will take a slave sensor that will give you roughly twice the coverage for (I'm assuming!) less than twice the cost. Kele has a line, and lately we've been installing Armstrong sensors, no doubt as a value-engineered item, but IDR if they have a combustible gas option.
    ChrisJHVACNUT
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Macurco. I have used these in commercial boiler rooms.
    ChrisJ