Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Replacing 40 yr old gas boiler
I have tried to read many posts and follow the "rules" here- this is a great site. I will be contacting contractors from your site but there are only a few in my area. My questions are:
- What is the minimum number of quotes I should get?
- With rebates the high efficiency modcons will need to be in play but I am concerned about the breakdown of new technology. Should I be?
- How much lead time should I plan from quotes to finish. I live in Massachusetts so was looking to have install at end of summer.
- 117.5K All Categories
- 82.8K THE MAIN WALL
- 2.7K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 43 Biomass
- 402 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 8 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.6K Domestic Hot Water
- 4.3K Gas Heating
- 107 Geothermal
- 148 Indoor-Air Quality
- 2.7K Oil Heating
- 45 Pipe Deterioration
- 679 Plumbing
- 4.8K Radiant Heating
- 353 Solar
- 13.3K Strictly Steam
- 2.9K Thermostats and Controls
- 48 Water Quality
- 589 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 31 Industry Classes
- 65 Job Opportunities
- 11 Recall Announcements