Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please help wiring a hydronic air handler

Options
Hello all! I am looking for help with wiring a Advanced distributor products hydronic air handler B series. I do have the manual but seem to not understand them well enough. This manual can be found at www.adpnow.com . What I have is this... hot water boiler with zone valves (Erie Pop top 4 wire type) two goto baseboard, the other to the air handler. Also have a taco 4 zone switching relay for zone valves. I cannot get the air handler to run, I think the air handler can handle zone valve operation and boiler operation, If someone could please help with the wiring it would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    need more information. What boiler gas or oil?? What controls are on the boiler? Do you get domestic hot water off the boiler? tankless heater or indirect. Pictures of the piping will help
  • Oglan
    Oglan Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Oil boiler, with aquastat, domestic hot water is a indirect, sorry no pics this is at another house I am working on.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Does the AHU have an internal circulator? Do you have a schematic for the Taco ZVC?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    There are a few ways to handle this. It looks like the air handler can manage the room t-stat. I think I would just wire the t-stat there.

The air handler also has T-T terminals to call for heat from boiler. If you connect the T-T on the air handler to the corresponding t-stat terminals on the zone controller, you should be able to wire the zone valves the same as the others.

T-stat tells air handler to turn on, air handler tells zone controller to open valve and turn on the boiler.

This way you have just have power sources and loads on one devise interacting with dry contacts (switches) on another. Be careful not to let the power sources on different devices interact with each other. If they happen to be wired to different phases, the smoke will escape and the device will no longer work. :s
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Ironman