Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A wireless solution to a million problems...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Most people in the HVAC business are familiar with RIB's from Functional Devices. What many people don't know is that they make a wireless sending/receiving/repeating relay that uses Enocean platform. I had a job recently where I needed to connect an operator on one manifold, to a thermostat serving another manifold. And no interface wiring (other than the usual 24 VAC and end switch circuitry) between the two manifolds to make it work. Hence, my need for a wireless relay.

This relay can be powered with any typical single or 3 phase voltages, and the relay can handle a 20 amp load.

Check it out, and if you know of another competing relay, by all means, speak up. I'm always interested in seeing something new.

http://www.functionaldevices.com/building-automation/display.php?model=RIBW24B-EN3

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018

Most people in the HVAC business are familiar with RIB's from Functional Devices. What many people don't know is that they make a wireless sending/receiving/repeating relay that uses Enocean platform. I had a job recently where I needed to connect an operator on one manifold, to a thermostat serving another manifold. And no interface wiring (other than the usual 24 VAC and end switch circuitry) between the two manifolds to make it work. Hence, my need for a wireless relay.

This relay can be powered with any typical single or 3 phase voltages, and the relay can handle a 20 amp load.

Check it out, and if you know of another competing relay, by all means, speak up. I'm always interested in seeing something new.

http://www.functionaldevices.com/building-automation/display.php?model=RIBW24B-EN3

ME

Yeah, RIB has all sorts of unique relays, high current switching capability is nice.

HBX has some clever wireless stuff also. WiFi snowmelt detectors is a great idea.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    That's pretty cool! Never seen one before.
    Mark Eatherton
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    They were just about to market when I spoke to them at ASHRAE Chicago. Good to know!
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Interesting. I've recently used a wireless security door contact/receiver for an HVAC application. (Air curtain) Worked out great, especially because I got on the door before the alarm guy, so my install looked better than his. ;)
    JohnNY
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,459
    Rib have some very cool things. We used on a boiler project which allowed the boilers to speak to the Building EMS
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    JohnNY