Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

questions and answers

Options
newagedawn
newagedawn Member Posts: 586
so many people ask questions here, thats what the site is for !!!,but i ve noticed that hardly anyone ever comes back to say what the final solution to the problem was. would be nice to have a final solution to some of these problems, but thats just my opinion
"The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
RomanGK_26986764589

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Most don't even come back and thank people for their responses and opinions. Nature of the the internet beast I suppose.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    A lot of manners lacking in modern society, the internet is no exception.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    STEVEusaPAMilanD
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,631
    Options
    Occasionally we get follow-ups. I try and thank them for it. After that, well, I think most of us help to be helpful, not to earn thanks. It's nice, to be sure, but not strictly required as it were.
    newagedawnSolid_Fuel_ManMilanD
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    I always get a kick out of the folks that act like this is a service provided for them, and they're entitled too it. After all, Dan pays you guys twice as much as he pays me. :wink:
    CanuckerGordyMilanD
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    Dan told me the check was in the mail, I'm still waiting on it. ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    MilanD
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    I would say 50/50..

I can't believe that 100% don't find the information helpful. This site is a Bellwether of web sites.
    CanuckerRomanGK_26986764589
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    thanks is not required,nor gratuity,lol, im just looking for the final solution to the problem at hand
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

thanks is not required,nor gratuity,lol, im just looking for the final solution to the problem at hand

I agree, always nice to know the fix...a thanks is just common sense...[ with past generations ]....
    Canucker
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,306
    Options
    Hello, Looking at it another way, (silver lining?) everybody else who reads the thread gets to hear the discussion and learn from it. We're all in a way, teaching each other what we know, so even if the OP never returns, there is still a big benefit. B)

Yours, Larry
    CanuckerGordy
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    Well said @Larry Weingarten I thoroughly enjoy reading others opinions and facts on the vast array of subject matter discussed here at HH.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,338
    Options

Hello, Looking at it another way, (silver lining?) everybody else who reads the thread gets to hear the discussion and learn from it. We're all in a way, teaching each other what we know, so even if the OP never returns, there is still a big benefit. B)

Yours, Larry

Indeed. It is a rare thread that I don't learn something from -- and most of them I learn a lot from!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    How many people call their doctors after they are well and thank them for their advice? I do. It's how they get feed back as to whether or not their recommendations are correct. They too appreciate it.

Well said Larry. It's not so much the benefit to the original poster, but the unseen benefits to people who are experiencing the same problems. Thank goodness for Google...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.