Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I get by with help from my friends.

124»

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,098
    No shade at all
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    The Ecosteam sneaks it's way into air conditioning.

Right now, it opens Y1 at 62F and closes at 70F.
    We'll see how that works for normal use.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    Gordy said:

Sitting on the patio drinking hot coffee. You must be very delicate........

He is delicate but a 66* DP with 87% Rh is a far cry more uncomfortable than 60* DP and 70% RH Mr K .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    ChrisJGordy
  • ChrisJ
    edited July 2017
    Rich said:

Gordy said:

He is delicate but a 66* DP with 87% Rh is a far cry more uncomfortable than 60* DP and 70% RH Mr K .
    Ok good, we all agree I'm delicate.
    I have no problem with honesty.

Although............I was up in the 111F attic today for a short while pulling wire, so I think I get a few points for that.
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    > @ChrisJ said:
    > Sitting on the patio drinking hot coffee. You must be very delicate........
    >
    > He is delicate but a 66* DP with 87% Rh is a far cry more uncomfortable than 60* DP and 70% RH Mr K .
    >
    > Ok good, we all agree I'm delicate.
    > I have no problem with honesty.
    >
    > Although............I was up in the 111F attic today for a short while pulling wire, so I think I get a few points for that.

I'll give you points @ChrisJ There's no way I'm going in the attic at this time of year unless I have to
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
    ChrisJ
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited July 2017
    Rich said:

Gordy said:

Bah Mr. M. Sitting at the patio drinking Franziskaner wishing the dew point was higher. Something about an ice cold wheat beer, or any beer for that matter sweating on the bottle makes it more presentable. I like balmy. As you get older it's much more palatable than below zero.

Rich_49
  • Gordy
    ChrisJ said:

The Ecosteam sneaks it's way into air conditioning.

Right now, it opens Y1 at 62F and closes at 70F.
    We'll see how that works for normal use.

That wiring is a mess you need to clean that up. Certainly not to ChrisJ spec......
  • Gordy
    edited July 2017
    ChrisJ said:

Rich said:

Gordy said:

Ok good, we all agree I'm delicate.
    I have no problem with honesty.

Although............I was up in the 111F attic today for a short while pulling wire, so I think I get a few points for that.

What you go up to see if your anti perspirant works? Get done, and out of there......you could probably use a container of monkey butt.
  • ChrisJ
    > @Gordy said:
    > The Ecosteam sneaks it's way into air conditioning.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Right now, it opens Y1 at 62F and closes at 70F.
    > We'll see how that works for normal use.
    >
    >
    >
    > That wiring is a mess you need to clean that up. Certainly not to ChrisJ spec......

I apologize for the crudity of this model I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.
    ratio
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,180
    Just don't fall off the toilet! You might break the clock.

Here we are 102 actual with feel like 102.
    But RH at 21 with DP at 54. Dryer than usual....grass fire time.
    I just came in from outside and this room feels uncomfortable at 77 degrees. That is my Tstat setting.....my wife's is set at 74.
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    JUGHNE said:

Just don't fall off the toilet! You might break the clock.

Here we are 102 actual with feel like 102.
    But RH at 21 with DP at 54. Dryer than usual....grass fire time.
    I just came in from outside and this room feels uncomfortable at 77 degrees. That is my Tstat setting.....my wife's is set at 74.

JUGHNERich_49
  • ChrisJ
    Bright and early it's 74F, 80% RH outside.
    Inside, 72F and 43%.
    Attic : 75F 42%.
  • Gordy
    Lo wing it!
  • ChrisJ
    edited July 2017
    So,

Another example of humidity

This is in one of the bedrooms, which I intentionally keep cooler than the first floor.

Under most conditions, I have no problem pulling those bedrooms down to 68F with decent humidity.

Outside was just splendid

Those highs and lows reset at midnight and this was around 6AM.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Your return and supply are vastly over sized. Why have a 3 ton air handler with 800 cfm 1000 would be my minimum and 1200 would be better.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Yes I know I'm late to this party. I've been busy doing nothing. And I haven't been starting that until noon.
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    edited August 2017
    unclejohn said:

Your return and supply are vastly over sized. Why have a 3 ton air handler with 800 cfm 1000 would be my minimum and 1200 would be better.

Yes, my supplies and returns are oversized.
    Like I said in the other thread, air flow isn't a concern. :D

I'm confused by your "why have a 3 ton air handler" comment though? Because that's what the house needs?