Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1" or 11/4" near boiler piping and manifold?

Options
124»

Comments

• swvawethead
    swvawethead Member Posts: 205
    Options
    What you explain about fahrenheit vs. celcius makes sense. For this particular application I am just a homeowner in need of getting a rough idea on supply and return temps during boiler operation. After running two temp senors side by side and being within zero to 0.1 C consistently I am satisfied with the information they are providing. I did have an ambient temperature gauge next to them displaying F and they seemed to be matching. None of this, of course, is splitting hair scientifically precise but just for the heck of it I will maybe connect five of these $3 sensors and round up multiple thermometers with fahrenheit scales we have around the house.
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pretty much all modern electronic thermistor based thermometer/probes have their raw data converted directly to C in the processor/micro-processor. That result in C is then converted (by one line of code) to F for USA customers. So, the errors from rounding and resolution going from C to F are already built in when you see the temp displayed in F... you just don't know it.