Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adjustable Orifices Inside Steam System Radiator Valves

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited June 2016 in THE MAIN WALL

imageAdjustable Orifices Inside Steam System Radiator Valves

Adjustable Orifices On Steam System Radiator Valves

Read the full story here

Comments

• mdilling2wmsdist
    mdilling2wmsdist Member Posts: 4
    Options
    What's the bold adage "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink!"
    Any of us that have been on the "providing advice" end of a problem have experienced this same situation, the guy trying to fix something does not believe you when you tell him what the solution to the problem is. He is blissful in his ignorance.
    Thanks again, Dan!
  • jumper
    jumper Member Posts: 2,248
    Options
    Many clients thanked and paid me for advice they rejected. Especially for good advice. The times I remember best are the ones when clients decided to spend extra for equipment when I could solve their issues more economically and practically.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    The dead men didn't always get those things right, though -- the place I care for has Hoffman radiator valves (and traps, fortunately). These are meant to be adjusted to fit the radiator, which takes a little disassembly. When the system I care for was put in, that didn't happen. However, the same effect can be achieved by just not opening the valve all the way. It takes patience to get it right.

I have successfully trained the other occupants of the place to keep their hands off the radiator valves, thank you very much. But it took some convincing...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England