Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TR45 Triangle Tube indirect water heater and Bosch Greenstar mod/con boiler

So my new Bosch boiler does not like the output from the TR45 Triangle Tube indirect water heater and it only accepts the Bosch temp sensor.

Anyone know where exactly the dry well is located in the TR45 which I can use for the Bosch temp sensor? Also, it is very difficult to remove the top plastic cover of the TR45 without removing all of the pipes (supply and return), they are directly on top of the unit. If I had known of this issue before hand, I could have removed the cover etc before installing.

thx.

Comments

• NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2015
    Take a look at the top of the tank. There should be a plate with screws. Remove it. If i recall its a snap sensor that can be connected to where the DHW contacts.

Page 15 of the manual.
    :NYplumber:
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    In the past I have done 2 things....both times being slow. You can shave down the bosch sensor to fit in the dry well. and very carefully drill the opening in the dry well just a bit.
    I would do the shaving / sanding first.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    You'll have to remove the aquastat from the TT tank. It has a bulb that goes all the way down in a well under it. The Bosch sensor MUST go all the way down in the well or else the tank won't get heated quickly enough during a draw down.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    SWEI
  • ChootarLaal
    ChootarLaal Member Posts: 25
    I have a feeling I DONT have a TR45 tank. I have a plastic cover on top. Under the sensor wiring is just a hole for the wiring to go in.
  • ChootarLaal
    That is what I have. Phase 3 TT. Any idea how to get to the dry well on this? That towel with the sensor is what I have currently as "tank temp". Ha.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    If you pop out the plastic panel that the knob and terminals are mounted in, you will see the drywall. Just pull out the old and drop the new one in to the same level.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • ChootarLaal
    It will pop out with a flat head screwdriver?
  • ChootarLaal
    I think I have a HL-xx series tank. Plastic top.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Like Zman said the drywell is under the drywall. Just look.
  • ChootarLaal
    Yea found it. Got it done. Thx a lot.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Yup, HL45. Marshmallow tank. Too bad they discontinued. Was a good horizontal option. You have a survivor!
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    looking at a post in the other section..... did you dump the munchkin?
  • erikeman13
    erikeman13 Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if and how to flush the tt HL-45?

Thanks