Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to adjust a Honeywell Vstat?

Options
vaporvac
vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has pic of how to adjust a newish Honeywell 0-16oz Vstat. I've never had to and it's different to my other one. Honeywell's site is down so I'm asking here. I'm experiencing some super annoying things since starting up my boilers for the season, so just trying to trouble-shoot. Thanks in advance for any help. Colleen
Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,334
    Options
    What's happening? I have the old mercury vapourstat, so I really can't help much -- except sympathise!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    I have a mercury vstat like Jamie but what exactly are you trying to adjust?

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    Are you asking how to adjust it so that the setting is approx correct to the cut out pressure limit? I assume you already know about the adjusting screws on top, right?
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,713
    Options
    Page 6 shows the adjusting screws on top as Abracadabra said.

http://s3.supplyhouse.com/manuals/1296597322000/46822_PROD_FILE.pdf
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have the 0-16 oz Vstat also. There is suppose to be a calibration screw behind that chrome button tab on the back of the Pressuretrol. I have not had to recalibrate my Vstat yet so I can't actually say if it's a hex head or flathead or phillips screw.

PS: Did you clean your pigtail(s) and make sure they aren't plugged?
  • vaporvac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll check tomorrow. MarkS calibrated mine and set everything before he sent it to me so I've never dealt with it, just read that there's a screw somewhere on other posts. :) My other one is mercury and just slides up and down. My Vstats are on my header, so no pigtail.
    Where to begin with the annoying issues that are new just this year? I'll write about them in a bit in another post.

Happy Halloween everyone!
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • vaporvac
    Options
    Thanks all for the help. I did this today and will check out if it made a difference when it's not 80deg! I think on Saturday. I wonder why they don't put in a little something to turn instead of requiring a screwdriver?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,630
    Options
    I think the intent is along the lines of keeping the unwashed masses from fiddling with it. Of course, if someone is going to fiddle with something, there a lot worse choices than that!
    vaporvac