Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Megasteam Selection

Hey Guys ,

I need to select a Megasteam and would like opinions . My connected load is 431 square feet placing me in the middle of the 396 and the 513. Existing V7 is 1 gph at 140 psi . I'm thinking that the 396 will still be a heck of alot better than what I have but I'm not going to dispute the numbers. Thanks for replies.

hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 7,356Member
    How well insulated are the pipes?
  • hvacfreak2hvacfreak2 Posts: 474Member
    Everything is 1 inch fiberglass that I can get to. I have some aluminum jacket for everything but I have not got that on yet.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Robert O'BrienRobert O'Brien Posts: 3,135Member
    The smaller one, the 33% pickup will more than cover the difference
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Dave0176Dave0176 Posts: 1,053Member
    The MST396 will be perfect........
    DL Mechanical LLC Heating, Cooling and Plumbing 732-266-5386
    Specializing in Steam Heating, Serving the residents of New Jersey
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/dl-mechanical-llc

https://m.facebook.com/DL-Mechanical-LLC-315309995326627/?ref=content_filter

I cannot force people to spend money, I can only suggest how to spend it wisely.......
    Thanks for the replies.

Question : Pick up factor of 1.33 and 431 sq. ft. gets me to 137 MBH . The MST 396 is rated at 127 MBH DOE . Is this difference acceptable ? The MST 513 is rated at 164 DOE .
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Easyio FG20 Controller

• FredFred Posts: 7,907Member
    You should be fine. The MST 513 is going to put you at almost 20% oversized on rated EDR PLUS the 33% additional pick-up factor. The MST 396 will still leave you close to 20% pick-up factor.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 9,877Member
    MST396 without a doubt.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Thank you very much , 396 it is.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Easyio FG20 Controller