Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Clamps?

jumper
jumper Member Posts: 2,217
Every now and then somebody offers a clamp that supposedly will permanently work on pipes with fluctuating temperatures. Any opinions or experiences?

Repair a Broken Pipe in Less than 60 Seconds
By Eric HaunMonday, August 31, 2015

Rapid Repair Clamp (Image: World Wide Metric)
New pipe repair system developed to minimize downtime and maintenance costs while helping to protect crew and assets

New from World Wide Metric is the Rapid Repair Clamp, a tool that helps swiftly repair pipe leaks or bursts to prevent costly damages in an emergency situation.

Fast and easy to install, the Rapid Repair Clamp provides quick repairs for pipe leaks and bursts — especially useful when every second counts. The self-contained design allows for installation by one person in less than 60 seconds without the use of any tools. In fact, tests conducted by the Australian Government of Defense and the Royal Australian Navy found the Rapid Repair Clamp to be five times faster than standard repair clamps, the manufacturer said.

Made from marine-grade stainless steel, the Rapid Repair Clamp provides a tight seal for water, steam, gas and most chemical/petroleum liquids and is suited for commercial applications such as marine, oil and gas, plumbing, food processing and emergency services.

The Rapid Repair Clamp is available in four widths and a variety of diameters, fitting pipes ranging from 38mm – 930mm (1.5” – 36”) and can be applied to pressurized pipes up to 20 bar. It is also reusable, making it versatile and cost-effective.

See the Rapid Repair Clamp in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yOVh_svZk&feature=youtu.be.

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    It looks like a useful and expensive tool. I know we don't discuss pricing but I don't think this really qualifies. Do they come as a set or do you have to buy them individually? Any idea what the list price is? For the most part I prefer to do the repair on the spot so I don't have to make a second trip. However I can see the ships on Deadliest Catch needing a set. :)
    Zman
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    It did't look like it stopped the leak at all.